5.25.2010

Ratatat 'LP4'



I was bored and decided to search around on NPR's music page and saw that Ratatat was coming out with a new CD. I was first introduced to the band by a friend about 2 years ago and loved the non-vocal driving electronic/rock songs. They were fun but interesting enough for me to put the album on repeat for about 3 weeks.

I really like this new album, LP4. I've been listening to it on NPR for the past few days. It has the same great driving feel as the other albums that I love but it's different. The same great guitar solos are tastefully sprinkled across most of the songs, new and intriguing sounding percussion, and compelling string compositions make this a "repeat" album for me. It almost makes you feel like you are flying through space (just so you know, I've never flown through space, but if I do and it doesn't feel like this, I'll be very disappointed).

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your entry because I am your mother and love anything you write, but honestly I don't know what NPR is nor Ratatat but I'm sure it is great. I've had that flying through space experience but it in my dreams. Glad it makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That friend of yours sounds completely worthwhile. I bet she's from Washington... :)

    ReplyDelete